Apply to collaborate with this mentor
This mentor has indicated they are currently open to accepting mentorship applicants. Find out more about the ARCH-India mentorship program to see what assistance mentors can lend, or apply with this mentor.Apply for mentorship
Dr. Sambandam Anandan
Professor, Nanomaterials & Solar Energy Conversion Lab
Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology
Trichy 620 015, INDIA
Phone: 91-431-2503639 ; Fax: 91-431-2500133
Date of Birth: 2nd June 1972
B.Sc., University of Madras, India, 1993
M.Sc., University of Madras, India, 1995
Ph.D., University of Madras, India, 2002
Postdoctoral fellow: Department of Chemistry, Chungnam National University, Korea Mar 2002– 2003; Department of Chemistry, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, Hong Kong 2003 – 2004; JST (Japan), Visiting Scientist, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Nagoya, Japan April 2004 – Mar 2005; Visiting Academic, School of Chemistry, University of Melbourne, Australia, May-August 2008, Visiting Academic, Department of Environmental Engineering & Science, Feng Chia University, Taiwan, Dept of Chemistry, Hannover University, Germany.
- Professor, Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology, Trichy 620 015, March 2018 Onwards
- Associate. Professor, Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology, Trichy 620 015, November 2008 March 2018.
- Lecturer/Asst. Professor, Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology, Trichy 620 015, July 2006 - November 2008.
- CSIR Pool Scientist, Central Electrochemical Research Institute, Chennai Unit, Taramani, Chennai 600 113, May 2005 – July 2006.
- Department of Science & Technology (INDIA) award for participation in the meeting of NOBEL LAUREATES AND STUDENTS in CHEMISTRY for the year 2006 be held at LINDAU, GERMANY from June 25-30.
- Royal Academy of Engineering, London selected Dr. Anandan is among the eminent scientist of India for participation in the meeting of Engineering Challenges of Deployment of New Solar Energy Capacity in India held at the Royal Academy of Engineering, London from Sep 28-29.
- Hiyoshi Young Leaf Award - 2009 of Hiyoshi Corporation Japan for Outstanding contribution to applied study for Environmental Conservation and Protection.
- Chemical Research Society of India – Best Teacher Awardee – for the year 2011
- Hiyoshi Environmental Award - 2014 of Hiyoshi Corporation Japan for Outstanding contribution to applied study for Environmental Conservation and Protection
- ACT Prof P B Punjabi awardee - 2020 (For Outstanding Contribution to Research in Chemical Sciences) - Association of Chemistry Teachers, Mumbai
- Best Achievers Awardee - 2021 of National Institute of Technology.
Research Projects funded by DST, CSIR, MOEF, etc
20 research projects are completed (15 crores) and 2 projects are ongoing at present. Also dealing with international projects with countries like Australia, Spain, Taiwan, Italy, and Russia
Research Publications (h-index -43)
More than 311 research publications in international journals, 19 book chapters, 2 Patents, and trained 21 Ph.D. students. (7 under training)
- Sonochemical synthesis of nanoparticles towards energy storage applications (supercapacitors)
- Electrochemical and fluorescence Sensors; Dye-sensitized solar cells; Organic polymer solar cells
- Synthesis and Characterization of nanophotocatalysts for the study of the decomposition of inorganic and organic pollutants.
- Generation of Hydrogen fuel using semiconductor nanoparticles.